Friday, February 26, 2010
And the winners are...... Amber Young, Jennifer L. and Tylerpants!!! Congrats! And a thank you to everyone who participated!
This week is one of my favorite shops so far! Snack 'n Snooze! This shop is absolutely adorable and is offering up a giveaway! She is offering up 3 bags of Cat or Dog Treats to 3 lucky winners! Scroll to the bottom of the feature for details!
Snack' n Snooze Home-made Pet Products came about from my love of animals and their well-being. I am owned by a Shiba Inu named Sushi and 2 cats, Tatiana & Bailey. They are my inspiration for my products. I make pre-made fleece pet beds filled with quilt batting for extra comfort, but I can also do custom orders. I also have all natural dog and cat treats. The cat treat are great for all cats, even if they're diabetic. I also have various dog and cat homemade toys.
It took forever for me to find the right name! I had it down to a list of about 20. I couldn't decide, so I left the list out for my husband and in-laws to choose their favorites. I went out, and while they were deciding, I suddenly thought of Snack 'n Snooze, and that was that.
Last year, my Mother-in-Law taught me how to crochet. So, we made small cat blanket to give to the cats at a local animal shelter. I wasn't working at the time, so I started thinking it might be fun to make pet treats or toys, and I tried out Farmer's Markets. It went really well, so now my shop is on Etsy!
If you would like a custom order for a pet fleece bed, I will work with the customer if they want a particular patter or even a particular color.
Where else can you find Snack 'n Snooze?
Facebook, and on her Blog!
Now for the Giveaway!
Enter to win dog or cat treats! Snack 'n Snooze will be giving away 3 bags, so that means 3 winners! Many flavors to choose from!!! Dog Treat flavors include~ peanut butter, peanut butter and banana, chicken, cheese, and beef. And for Cats~ Mackerel.
1) Be a follower of this blog!
2) Go to Snack 'n Snooze and pick out your favorite item, and leave it in a comment!
Extra Entries: (Leave a comment for each one individually! These must be new! IE: new heart, purchse, or fan.
1) Become a Fan of Snack 'n Snooze on Facebook ~1 Entry~
2) Follow the Snack 'n Snooze Blog ~1 Entry~
3) Make a purchase from Snack 'n Snooze ~3 Entries~
4) Heart Snack 'n Snooze on Etsy ~1 Entry~
5) Become a Fan of The Green Haven on Facebook ~1 Entry~
6) Heart The Green Haven on Etsy ~1 Entry~
7) Make a purchase from The Green Haven ~3 Entries~
Friday, February 19, 2010
And the winner is.......... Angie!!!! Thanks to everyone who participated!
This week's feature friday shop is Sparkle Beast Designs! A great and unique jewlery shop!
Now a little bit about about the owner =)
Im currently a senior at a local university studying costue design, but I've always wanted to dabble around with jewelry design. I created my shop with the intention of bringing colorful, unique and sparkly jewelry to other people. My good friend, Sara, suggested I pick up the name "Sparkle Beast" because I'm obsessed with anything that incorporates beads, sequins, glitter or rhinestones. It's an interesting name that people can easily remeber, but it's still relevant to who I am :)
I've loved bead work ever since I can remeber, and began playing with bead weaving techniques on and off looms. I started making earring for fun, then started making htem as gifts, and finally got involved with craft fairs. My rhinestone necklaces are still a fairly new collection inspired by the current "bib" and "statement" necklace trends. I've been creating jewelry for craft fairs since 2006, but I've been beading and making jewelry since 2002. Remeber, everything is better with rhinestones!
Where else can you find this shop?
On Facebook, and Portfolio of Designs
This weeks giveaway is coming from my shop!!! Im going to giveaway this cute coffee cozy!
To Enter: (YOU MUST)
1) Be a follower of this blog
2) Go to my shop and pick your favorite item, and leave me a comment saying what it is!
Extra Entries: (Must be a new follower, heart, fan or purchase)
1) Become a Follower of my shop on Twitter and tell me so in a comment~1 Entry~
2) Heart my Etsy Shop and tell me so in a comment~1 Entry~
3) Become a Fan of my Facebook Page and tell me so in a comment~1 Entry~
4) Make a purchase from my shop! and leave the transaction number in a comment~3 Entries~
Good luck and Enjoy!
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Its that time again! Time for this weeks Friday Feature and Giveaway! This weeks shop is Monkey Mind Design! A great graphic design shop! Anita has been kind enough to put a great Calendar up for grabs! For more information about entering the giveaway scroll to the bottom of the feature! Now here's some information about this great shop and its creative owner, Anita!
I have been a graphic designer for 13 years in the advertising agency world. I recently left my job to pursue my new venture (Monkey Mind Design). It was time to get back to my roots of hands on creative and creating for myself. It's been two months and I love it! I hope to create designs that are positive, inspiring and fun. I came up with my shop name while we were on the highway coming back home. It really didn't take long. I wanted something that really represented me. And Monkey Mind came up. My sister always told me, I have a monkey mind. Jumping form one thought to another without skipping a beat. And i say, its the truth, creativity never sleep!
At an early age art was my passion. It was very clear the path I was supposed to take. I also graduated with a BFA in Graphic Design. Of course, years of experience in print gave me an advantage. I love paper and printing! It was a major decision to leave my job and pursue happiness and a dream. I needed encouragement and inspiration. So this is the story behind my (More than Words) Calendar. I spent many hours trying to find the right quotes with courage and change in mind. When I am having self doubt... I read the quotes. I am proud of myself and hope to encourage others to pursue their dreams.
Monkey Mind Design was just created in November 2009 and I started selling on November 23rd. However, I have made paper goods for work, friends and myself for years. I am the one that always gets the phone call for invites, but I love doing it.
Where else can you find Monkey Mind Designs? Here!
On Facebook, Twitter or this Boutique!
Now to enter the giveaway for this great Calendar.
To Enter (you MUST do both of the following)
1) Be a follower of this blog, no comment is needed for this (new or old followers may enter!)
2) Go to Monkey Mind Design's shop and pick your favorite item, and leave a comment with it in it!
For Extra Entries: *Note~ These must all be NEW (new heart, new fan, new follower, new purchase)
1) Heart Monkey Mind Design's Shop, and say so in a comment ~1 Entry~
2) Fan Monkey Mind Designs Facebook page and say so in a comment ~1 Entry~
3) Follow Monkey Mind Designs on Twitter and say so in a comment ~1 Entry~
4) Make a purchase from Monkey Mind Design and leave the transaction number in a comment ~3 Entries~
5) Heart The Green Haven, and say so in a comment ~1 Entry~
6) Follow The Green Haven on Twitter and say so in a comment ~1 Entry~
7) Fan The Green Haven Facebook Page and say so in a comment ~1 Entry~
8) Make a purcahe from The Green Haven and leave the transaction number in a comment ~3 Entries~
Good Luck! And have fun!!!
Friday, February 5, 2010
Its that time again!!! Happy friday everyone! Its snowing like crazy up here in Frostburg, MD! The roads are covered and we've gotten 6 inches in the last few hours! Its gonna be CRAZY!
This weeks shop is Nina Glaser! Super cute shop, with super cute items! Nina has been kind enough to put some adorable valentines tags up for grabs! For more information about entering this giveaway scroll to the bottom of this feature!
Now heres a little information about Nina and her shop!
Hi, my name in Nina Glaser. I'm and illustrator and painter from New York, but I'm now living in the "Charm City," also known as Balitimore,MD! I studied illustration in undergrand and painting in grad school, but I've always had an interest in graphic design and how it lends itself to all sorts of paper goods. I found out about etsy through the grapevine and now I'm so glad I did! I'm able to mix my painting style with design all in one fun and exciting place!
I think I've been crafting for as long as I can remeber! It has come in many forms, but ever since I was a child I felth the need to "make things", from books to cards to drawaying, you name it! I've been painting forever, but silk screening and block printing I didn't start until right after college. I love exploring and learning new ways to use paint! Since I wanted to be working with mixed media, I figured it would be best to just stick to my name, for my shop name!
I just want to thank Megan for doing these lovely interviews! The handmade world is so much fun but it takes promotion and getting the word out. Megan's help in featuring so many wonderful artists is encouraging! Thanks for including me :)
Where else can you find Nina? Here!
Now its Giveaway time!!!!
To Enter You MUST do BOTH of the following!!!
1) Be a follower of this blog!
2) Go to Nina's shop and pick out your favorite item and leave a comment telling us what it is!
1) Heart Nina's shop and say so in a comment (must be a new heart) ~1 Entry~
2) Follow Nina's Blog and say so in a comment (must be a new follower) ~1 Entry~
3) Make a purchase from Nina's Shop and leave the transaction number in a comment ~3 Entries~
4) Heart The Green Haven and say so in a comment (must be a new heart) ~1 Entry~
5) Make a purchase from The Green Haven and leave the transaction number in a comment ~3 Entries~